- NASSLLI 2012, Austin, Texas. Co-chair (with Carlos Areces). Lecturer of Introduction to Category Theory.
- RAIN (Reasoning and Interaction as NASSLLI) talk: Little engines of Inference: Contexts for Quantification.
- Edwardian Proofs for Futuristic Programs Keynote at Infinite Possibilities Conference IPC2012. I also talked about becoming a mathematician.
- 2nd Set Theory and General Topology Week, Salvador, March 2012event.
From Quirky Case to Representing Space, An AnnieFest, 5th October 2011, PARC. Co-organizer with Danny Bobrow, Ron Kaplan and Tracy Holloway King. Blog.
PARGRAM/PARSEM, October 2011, Microsoft Bay Area, Mountain View, CA. slides.
- BACAT (Bay Area Categories) talk "Partial Compilers and Dialectica Categories", talk about Budiu, Galenson and Plotkin's paper, 28th September 2011. slides.
Intuitionistic Modal Logic and Applications, Nancy, France, July
2011. co-organizer with Natasha Alechina.
- Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, Nancy, France, July
2011. Talk: Lorenzen Games for FILL. slides.
- "Proof Systems at the Test of Computer Science: Foundational and Applicational Encounters", Workshop at LMPS, Nancy, July 2011. Invited speaker. Bridges and Natural Logic. slides.
- History and
Philosophy of Computing, Gent, Belgium, November, 2011. Member of
Reasoning about Context and Ontology Evolution ARCOE 2011, member
of Programme Committee.
- Workshop on Natural Logic, Proof Theory, and Computational Semantics, CSLI Workshop, Stanford,
8/9 April, 2011, co-organizer.
- PARGRAM/PARSEM, Xerox PARC, October 2010. slides
- Visit to FGV (30 Aug-4 Sept 2010). Mini-course on previous work
at PARC and possible future work on processing Portuguese.
(Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks with Applications 2010),
Grande do Norte, Brazil.
- ACM Data Mining Meeting: Charting SearchLand, 23 August 2010.
Slides on slideshare.net.
Reasoning about Context and Ontology Evolution ARCOE 2010, 16-17
August 2010, Lisbon, Part of ECAI 2010. Member of Programme
- COLING 2010, Reviewer
for Track on Syntax and Grammar, Beijing, China, 23-27 August,
- HYLO 2010,
Member of program committee, Part of FLoC, July 10, 2010, Edinburgh,
2010, Member of Steering Committee, Bloomington, Indiana, June
- Methods for the Modalities 6 Copenhagen, Denmark,
November 12-14, 2009. Member of programme committee.
- PARC Forum,
30 July 2009, Adventures
Stanford, 7th Jun 2009.
Communication and Rational Agency, Stanford, May 30th 2009.
Relations: An Interdisciplinary Perspective, Stanford, March 7th
Reasoning about Context and Ontology Evolution Workshop, associated
with I JCAI, July 11-13, 2009, Pasadena, California, USA. Member of
- Fun with Constructive Modalities,
Dept Filosofia, PUC-Rio, June 2009.
- 88th Peripatetic
Seminar on Sheaves and Logic (88th PSSL), 4-5 April, 2009
- CLiCS: Categorical Logic in Computer Science,
Talk at M*A*T*H
Colloquium, Sonoma State University, March 4th, 2009.
- IMLA 2008
(Intuitionistic Modal Logic and Applications) Workshop
associated with LICS'08 (Logic in Computer Science), June 23, 2008,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. Co-organizer and member of programme
and Ontologies 2008, a workshop associated with
ECAI-2008, July 21-22, 2008, Patras, Greece. Member of Organization
- WOLLIC 2008
(Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation), Edinburgh,
Scotland, July 1st-4th, 2008, Member of Programme Committee.
Meets Logic, Informally, May 31-June 1, 2008, CSLI, Stanford
University (just attended for fun...)
of universal algebra and logic to the constraint satisfaction problem,
AIM (American Institute of Mathematics), Palo Alto, California, March
31st-April 4th, 2008.
a meeting to celebrate Danny Bobrow's lifetime of
scientific achievements, at PARC, 26th March 2008. Videos and pictures
can be found here.
- HYLO 2007 (Hybrid Logic
2007), 6-10 August, 2007, Dublin, Ireland, Member of
Engineering across Frameworks, Stanford University, July 13-15,
- Contexts and Ontologies--
Representation and Reasoning, associated with the Context Workshop,
21st August, 2007, Roskilde University, Roskilde, Denmark, Organizer.
Ontologies and Artificial Intelligence Techniques), Stanford, June 4th,
a meeting in honor of William Craig, May 13, 2007, University of
California at Berkeley.
- Northern California and
Oregon Undergraduate Math Conference, 21 April 2007. Panelist on
Math Careers. After this I was asked for a brief description of my career.
Representation and Reasoning (CRR'06), Riva del Garda,
Italy, 29th August 2006, Member of Programme Committee.
Hybrid Logic 2006 August, 11th, 2006. Workshop associated
with LICS 2006.
Invited Speaker, Organizer.
- ESSLLI 2006 - The
18th European Summer School in Logic,
Language and Information 31-11 August, 2006,
Malaga, Spain. PC Logic and
2006 - The 13th Workshop on Logic,
Language, Information and Computation July
18-21, 2006, Stanford, CA. Local
- EBL (Encontro Brasileiro de
Logica), Itatiaia, April 24-28, 2006. Invited Speaker.
- IMLA 2005
(Intuitionistic Modal Logic and Applications) Workshop associated with
LICS'05, June 30, 2005,
Chicago, Illinois, USA. Co-organizer with F. Pfenning and member